Incremental sheet forming
The first in Europe in incremental sheet forming!
We were among the first in Europe to provide incremental sheet forming services, offering new opportunities for designers to express their creativity and the capacity to satisfy requirements for creating prototypes for smaller batches.
Incremental sheet forming is the most recent innovation in the cold sheet metal working sector.
This technology makes it possible to form pieces in steel, stainless steel, aluminium alloys, brass and copper, significantly reducing costs for the construction of moulds and production time.
We can offer sheet forming services up to the maximum dimensions of 2,000 x 1,300 x 400 mm and in the following thicknesses:
- Steel from 0.5 to 3.0 mm
- Stainless steel from 0.5 to 2.0 mm
- Aluminium alloys from 0.5 to 5.0 mm
Subsequent to the forming process, we can then trim the edges and make any holes through 3D laser cutting.
The following measurements are taken on the produced pieces:
- Dimensional measurements, using a 3D fixed coordinate measuring machine
- Thickness, using an ultrasound gauge
- Superficial hardness, using a portable durometer
With our incremental sheet forming service it is possible to:
- Produce moulded pieces even if the quantity of pieces is not sufficient for amortising the cost of a mould
- Build functional prototypes directly from a CAD model
- Create pieces with shapes that improve the design of your products, overcoming the constructive limits imposed by traditional cutting, bending and welding processes on several parts
- Reduce times for prototype creation and therefore also reduce the time to market
All we need is your CAD model!
We use a solid modelling software program to acquire the mathematical data of the object to be created.
We are then able to design, plan and carry out all necessary steps to produce the finished piece.
If you do not have a 3D file, we can develop the mathematical model, and provide support during the product planning stage.
Using reverse engineering techniques, we can create a 3D file with the dimensions of your sample piece.